Photos by Rob and Wynter
July 12, 2020
The Proposal: Every year Ken and I (Erin) do a siblings Christmas dinner. Last year we decided to have it at Blueprint on 3rd on December 21. Ken’s brother, Brian, flew in from California for the holidays, and all my siblings were there. We were the last people in the restaurant, and Ken got down on one knee and proposed. Everyone was surprised! We made a toast, and it couldn’t have been any more special.
Favorite Moment: Due to COVID-19, we decided to postpone our May 3 wedding to July 12. In addition to changing the date, we made the tough decision days prior to decrease our 300+ guest list down to just family and wedding party. After so much stress, the wedding day allowed us to take a big sigh of relief, sit back and enjoy our day! My favorite moment was having all of our family and friends who weren’t able to celebrate in person with us on livestream. Ken’s mother, Maxine, had been sick and hospitalized. We knew she wouldn’t be able to come, so it meant the world to us that she was able to be a part of our day!
Favorite Details: I was honored to have lace from my mom’s wedding veil wrapped around my bouquet with a charm of my Papa tied around it. My sister, Talor Rubin with Gracefully Undone Beauty, has been doing wedding hair and makeup for years. I always knew that one day I would be the bride and there wouldn’t be anyone else I would want to get me ready for my special day!.
What We Are Doing Now: I (Erin) am working as a Registered Nurse at UAB. Ken works as a manager at Walk On’s in Hoover. We have two boxers, Ryder and Remi who keep us busy.
- Venue: Windwood Equestrian
- Hair & Makeup: Talor Rubin, Gracefully Undone Beauty
- Catering: Kathy G. & Company
- Cakes: Wedding Cakes by Jan
- Ice Cream: Big Spoon Creamery
- Florist: Rebecca Jones & Laurie Goodloe, Buds & Blossoms
- Wedding Dress: Diane’s Formal Affair
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
- DJ and Ceremony Music: Michael Warren
- Lettering: Jordan Milazzo, JM Lettering Co.
- Invitation Suite: Layken Rubin, Southern Scripted
- Printing: AlphaGraphics
- Jeweler: Diamonds Direct
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Show Me Your Mumu
- Exit Transportation: Rob Conrad’s Classic Cars