May 9, 2020
Photos by AL Weddings
How You Met: Trent and I (Elizabeth) had both just moved back to Birmingham and turned to a dating app, Bumble, and luckily ran into each other. Neither one of us were quite sure how this thing was going to go, but after some Auburn banter and realizing that we both went to Redeemer Community Church, we decided to give it a shot and go on a date at Railroad Park. A few weeks later we went on a second date and shared our stories of how Jesus has changed our lives and given us new meaning. Through time together we began to see the joy that each of us brought into the other’s life and wanted that in our lives for the rest of our lives.
The Proposal: Trent picked me up for a date night and headed to Railroad Park, where the adventure began. We then headed to Bettola to pick up food and go to the rooftop of my parents’ condo. When we arrived, the table was set with flowers, pictures and candles. That’s when Trent got down on one knee and asked for my hand in marriage while overlooking the city lights of downtown Birmingham.
Favorite Details: The most special details were the jewelry that was my mom’s and grandmother’s and the veil that had been worn by 10 people and first by my grandmother in the ‘50s. After many new plans due to COVID-19, we finally landed on having a small, intimate wedding in my grandparents’ backyard. The weather was magical. My mom was filled with joy knowing her parents always wanted someone to get married in their backyard. We know they were watching it all happen from heaven and we are just so thankful that something so special happened out of an uncertain time.
- Ceremony Venue: Grandparents’ Backyard in Redmont Park
- Reception Venue: Swann Lake Stables
- Wedding Planner: Kendal Perry
- Florist: Forever Wild Floral Company
- Caterer: Greystone Country Club and IZ Catering
- Bride’s Cake: Dreamcakes
- Groom’s Cake: The Bakeshop
- Videographer: Roberson Creative
- Invitations: Basic Invite
- Wedding Dress: Bustle
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Birdy Grey
- Hair & Makeup: Katie Little and GLOW
- Groom/Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Warehouse/Macy’s
- Music: Platinum ENT
- Transportation: Rare Transportation
- Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited & Prophouse